The waste expo is back and bigger than ever!
Waste Expo Australia 22 is bringing all the latest waste collection technology to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre in October 2022. Here’s what you can expect to see.
After a hiatus of two years caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Waste Expo is back! This year’s event will be the biggest Waste Expo Australia ever. With more than 100 brands represented, over 60 different seminars, and a slew of expert speakers, the event will bring together many of the leaders in waste management systems from around Australia…and the world.
The Future of Waste Recycling
The theme of Waste Expo Australia 22 is: The Future of Waste Recycling. As local authorities and collection contractors move towards more sustainable waste management solutions, providers of collection and recycling equipment are actively developing new systems to enable these organisations to align with updated regulations, changing public opinion and their own sustainability targets.
Exhibitors galore at the expo
Included in the roster of exhibitors, speakers and demonstrations at Waste Expo Australia 22 are a diverse set of categories including the following topics:
- Alternative Waste Recovery Systems. Find out about companies leading the charge in waste sorting equipment.
- Collection Automation: Fully custom-built and flexible systems to automate the collection process from kerbside to final recycled product lines.
- Computerisation and Digital Systems. The latest digital control systems for vehicle location, and fort weighing and measuring waste materials.
- Hazardous Waste Management. Contamination detection and magnetic separation systems.
- FOGO. Find out all about the new systems geared towards the separate collection and processing of food organics and green organics.
- Demolition Equipment. Tough gear for the big demo jobs and equipment to deal with the results.
- E Waste Management. Shredders, granulators, misting systems and weighing technology for the efficient recovery of valuable metals in the “circular economy.”
A Positive Difference
The waste management industry is currently going through a transformative phase. In line with many other countries, Australia is rapidly moving away from simply dumping waste and hiding it away in landfills, to more sustainable systems where as many resources as possible are recovered from our nation’s waste.
With this in mind, Waste Expo Australia 22 has focussed on bringing together industry leaders with the aim of delivering an event that will not only inform people who work in waste management, but to inspire them.
An array of professionals
The 2022 Advisory Board for the expo includes waste management leaders from a range of fields. From the CEO of the Australian Council of Recycling to the MD of waste processing facility specialists Hitachi Zosen Inova, these individuals are set to share their knowledge and experience on a range of topics including:
- Federal and State waste Management Laws. How impactful and relevant policy around waste management can be achieved.
- The Societal Ramifications of Waste Management. What are the benefits of these new waste management systems to both individuals and society?
- Waste Management Communications Methods. What is the best way to communicate new waste management initiatives to both the public and the private organisations dealing with municipal and industrial waste.
- Large-scale Waste Management Processing Facilities. The nuts-and-bolts of building large scale waste management systems.
A COVID-19 safe event
The well-being, health and safety of participants, exhibitors and visitors is at the forefront of the planning that has gone into Waste Expo Australia 22. With this in mind, a “safe event plan and protocols” strategy has been developed for the expo. These measures include:
- Dedicated entry/exit points
- Physical distancing based on a site capacity of 1 person per 4m²
- All patrons will be required to wear face masks
- Hand sanitiser stations and regular sanitisation of high-traffic touch points
- A full suite of medical services
- “Grab and go” food with cashless purchasing only
- No children under 14 are permitted and security-approved prams for attendees with babies under 2 years old.
STG Global are Gold Sponsors.
At STG Global, we are proud to be one of only three companies assigned as Gold Sponsors for the Waste Expo Australia 222 event. By providing expertise and funding for the event, we have been able to ensure that this year’s expo showcases some of the most up-to-date waste management technology available today.
Our stand at the expo will be staffed throughout the event so come and say ‘g’day!’, check out some of our exciting new products and discover how STG Global can help you to achieve – and exceed – your waste management goals.
For more information, check out the Waste Expo Australia 22 website.